Charge and Mission
The Office of Sponsored Research Administration (OSRA) is the Weill Cornell Medical College (WCMC) office authorized to sign, approve, submit and execute research proposals to Federal, State, City, Non-profit, Foundations, other Academic Sites, and Industry. Upon notification of award acceptance, OSRA manages the research account creation process and post award administration.
OSRA’s mission is to support, advance, and promote extramural research and sponsored program activities conducted by WCMC investigators and their collaborators.
Goals and Responsibilities
- Assist faculty with submitting proposals.
- Disseminate funding opportunities that advance WCMC faculty research initiatives.
- Accept awards and work closely with Principal Investigators and Research Staff to assure consistent administration in accordance with WCMC policy and procedures and granting agency policies.
- Uphold research principles of WCMC and the University-wide research mission.
- Ensure compliance with internal and external requirements including WCMC policy, Research Integrity, Research Compliance, Finance, and extramural agency guidelines.
- See our organizational roles and responsibility matrix for pre/post-award administrative management.